Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Community Organizer" is code for "black"

According to NY Governor, David Paterson, the words "Community Organizer" is code for black.
On Monday, Gov. David Paterson angered some state lawmakers by comparing them to vampires, calling them a bunch of "blood suckers." On Tuesday, he raised eyebrows again, and tempers, by accusing the John McCain campaign of veiled racism.

At the Crain's Business Forum this morning, Paterson drew attention to a phrase used numerous times by speakers at the Republican National Convention to describe Barack Obama's leadership experience: community organizer.

"I think the Republican Party is too smart to call Barack Obama 'black' in a sense that it would be a negative. But you can take something about his life, which I noticed they did at the Republican Convention – a 'community organizer.' They kept saying it, they kept laughing," he said.

Paterson referred to McCain's running mate Sarah Palin who compared her work experience to Obama's.

"So I suppose a small town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except with real responsibilities," she said at the convention.

Paterson sees the repeated use of the words "community organizer" as Republican code for "black".


Sorry David but I pulled out my old white guy code book and I couldn't find it anywhere in there. In fact, I had never even heard the term before The Messiah actually started calling himself a former "community organizer". See, we rednecks out in the suburbs don't have "community organizers", we do these new, crazy, progressive things like fix our own broken plumbing.

UPDATE

Whooops, I'm sorry, a buddy of mine has a more current edition of the white guy code book and it defines Community Organizer as code for "a do nothing shit starter". Given that Obama can't seem to identify who he actually worked for during those years or note what he actually organized during that period, that seems appropriate.

I guess I need to go to my nearby country club and pick up a new edition of my sanctioned code book.

No comments: