Sunday, October 12, 2008

A long weekend

Sorry for the lack of posts. Things have finally slowed down from a busy weekend...

Friday

Gordon and his lovely bride went to the Black Keys at the Madison Theatre in Covington, KY.

I'm always amazed at the amount of sound bands with three instruments can kick out (Led Zeppelin, Rush, ZZ Top, etc.) but the Black Keys have two; a drum and a guitar.

Personally, the lovely Mrs. Gekko is a bigger fan of the indie rock scene. None the less, these guys are talented. But I think their music is largely limited with just the two guys in the band. You end up listening to what amounts to a series of guitar riffs and that gets old for me.

So click here for a you tube video and here for their website with tour schedule.

By the way, the show was interrupted by a fire alarm in the middle of the show. As the guitarist instructed "we don't want to be the next Great White...... so get out".

Saturday

After a late Friday night, Gordon got up for a workout and a 12:00 kick off for the UC - Rutgers game. Is there anything more draining than drinking beer in 85 degree heat on a hangover? The game sure didn't add any energy to the day.

Sunday

And of course Sunday, during commercials of the Bears game, I got to watch the Bengals stink it up against the Jets. Marvin's been offically Bengalized.

How can you tell that the economy is not all that bad? Next Sunday, there will be 60,000 plus idiots pay $70 plus for the right to be entertained by a pile of excrement. Ain't America great!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice last minute comeback by 'Da Bears....What the *%$% was that???

At least the Cubs come on in a couple of hours....oh...wait...never mind...

I am in my happy place.
I am in my happy place.
I am in my happy place.

Lou Pinella

gordon gekko said...

da Bears totally bengaled their game, I just had to watch it all over again.