Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Getting stimulants

For the past three days, I've been down with the flu (which is why my posting has been light).

Today, I stopped by my local Kroger's to pick up some Sudafed. Now granted, I like to refer to my place in suburbia as Methville. None the less, I was quite surprised with how much information is required to get a pack of Sudafed.

Name
Address
Phone number
Driver's License Number
Date of Birth
Photographic evidence of your circumcision

The hilarity continued as I walked towards the door and saw the new cigarette case the store installed. You'd have a better chance of getting gold out of Fort Knox.

Do you remember the old days when you could buy your stimulants without big brother watching?

Maybe I should have just bought a 60 pack of Red Bull.

No comments: