Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Choice

If you need to lose a few pounds and are looking for an appetite suppressant, read this series in the NY Time magazine (part 1, part 2 and part 3) before lunch. Trust me, you won't want to eat after that.

It's a series surrounding a college educated woman making her "choice".

Here's the money quote from the series.........
Once I came to the decision to terminate the pregnancy, so much of the guilt and sadness I’d been feeling melted away. I felt happy for the first time since finding out and I feel like my family is supportive of my decision. I’m focusing on the child I’ll have in a few years from now with someone I feel safe with and supported by. The life of that child will be infinitely better than this one and, sometimes, I wonder if such a miserable, lonely woman could even have a healthy child. There’s more to being a good birth mother than avoiding alcohol and eating right and I just don’t know if I have it. I’m a responsible girl but maybe that means knowing when you’ve put too much on yourself and it won’t work out.


Right......

It's so sweet that she's sacrificing so much for the child that she may never have over the one she's currently carrying.

Maybe she can tell that second child how noble she was when she killed the first one.

I'm just glad my mother didn't enact her "choice" when she had far less going for her than this ding dong does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is never a "perfect" time to have a kid. You have to make big adjustments under the best of circumstances. I think she was just careless, got pregnant and now doesn't want to be responsible. You can rationalize it any way you want.