Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What happened to decorum?

I went to the Warren County Sheriff's office today to get my concealed carry permit.

The office is next to the Common Pleas Courtroom.

While I was waiting for my appointment, I was absolutely amazed at the number of people entering that courtroom in shorts, flip flops, t-shirts, visible tattoos, etc... I saw not one person wearing a collared shirt, tie, let alone a suit.

Now riddle me this Batman. You're going to court where a jury and/or judge is about to make a big decision on your future. Do you think it might help your cause to wear something that might communicate some respect for the process?

1 comment:

RightRunner said...

Well, Gordon. The common please judge here in red-neck Highland just installed a dress code for his court.

Show up like the ones you just described and justice will come swiftly in the form of a comtempt of court fine.

Needless to say, the code has been well received by those of us who only go to court to serve jury duty, while those who make a habit of visiting the judge don't seem to appreciate his decision.