Friday, May 25, 2007

Breast Cancer Awareness


I was just at the post office and during my 20 minute wait in line, I got to look at the posters with the new commemorative stamps.

For a premium, you can buy breast cancer awareness stamps and some of the proceeds go to breast cancer awareness.

I don't know about you but I'm pretty aware of breast cancer. Hell, you can't watch a sporting event without someone having one of those pink ribbons on their shirts, using a pink bat or other such pink stuff.

Why breast cancer when more men die of prostate cancer? What about heart disease which is the leading cause of death for everyone? Why is the post office, a government monopoly mind you, in the business of supporting any charity what so ever? If you're such a fan of the pink ribbon, why don't you do what people do for other charities and send a check?

This is such a sore spot because I support a charity and I would like for the post office, bureau of motor vehicles and the state of Ohio tax form to include it so they can collect for the charity.

Because this charity is in it's infancy, it truly needs awareness. What is it?

Beer for Midgets USA.

Because little people are so discriminated against, they lack a lot of the funds that would provide for a nice cold one after they finish a shift of dwarf tossing. On top of that, I'm sure they're not allowed to drink on the job.

So the next time you're in the post office or the local BMV, tell them you would like to donate to the Beer for Midgets Awareness Crusade (BMAC) and maybe we can finally get the respect for the plight of sober little people they deserve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, come on Gordon, how can you not be a little one-sided on this yourself.

gordon gekko said...

i think you missed my point

Anonymous said...

I got your point, you seemed to have missed the levity.