Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What World is the GOP in?

Who gains the most from this immigration bill working through congress?

One of the reasons neither party wants to confront immigration seriously is both parties believe a tough bill will alienate a growing voting block. Let me clue the GOP in on something.

Remember the president who freed the slaves? Abraham Lincoln, republican, not democrat. How have blacks returned the favor? With about 9% of the vote? Guess what...? this voting block will probably do the same.

GOP HQ, your phone is ringing. It is the millions of legal and registered voters who may decide that a vote for you may not be any different than a vote for a democrat (see Mike Dewine & Bob Taft).

As I advise my clients all the time; before you go soliciting for new customers make sure you take care of the ones you already have. As a conservative, I have a hard time believing the GOP is working for me.

1 comment:

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

We're doomed, I think.