Thursday, May 24, 2007

Creation Museum

I've been fairly surprised at the number of people who have openly voiced their displeasure with the Creation Museum in town.

The Cincinnati Enquirer has published a number of letter to the editors that sound much like these

I look forward to seeing front-page articles on the tooth fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the leprechaun at the end of the rainbow real soon.

Why are these people so put off by this? I've seen pieces on the news where some hillbilly has a church of Elvis or Star Wars or something goofy but I'm not put off or offended by such things.

I think the main reasons most atheists are so against the public display of faith is that it forces people to look in the mirror and do an honest inventory of their lives; I should know, that's how it worked for me.

The fact of the matter is, I still don't know how this museum can reconcile a world that's only 6000 years old when there's so much scientific evidence to the contrary and that's the point; these people cannot get traction to get their information out in a mass media that's antagonistic to their beliefs. So therefore, the museum is their way to get the information out.

I wish the public schools had taught me the holes in the theory of evolution; like the difference between macro and micro evolution. It's because of that type public education indoctrination that I so mistrust anything the government involves themselves in.

So if you are one of those people who have a big problem with this museum, this is how I handle the guys wearing tin foil hats telling me I'm going to hell.... I ignore them.

No comments: