Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lewis "Bengals are Profiled"

Apparently, Marvin Lewis believes that his players are being singled out and profiled by Cincinnati Police.

We're (Cincinnati) a small place - our guys stand out, and they know that, and you've got to do things the right way. But when you are arrested for, or you are pulled over for, not putting on your turn signal, there's something wrong there.


I agree yet disagree with his assessment.

First, not all of the Bengals were even arrested inside the City of Cincinnati. I know two of the arrests were in Florida, one was in Texas and, I think, one was in Georgia and two in Kentucky.

Secondly, I don't doubt for a minute that police profile. They are always profiling criminals doing criminal acts and then they charge them with a crime.

I wonder how many times Marvin's been profiled for a crime?

Maybe the Bengals could profile their future draft picks. Here's a place to start; don't draft the guys with criminal records.

No comments: