Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Red's Malaise

I'm not as big of a baseball fan as Midas is but I will say this city really sucks when the Reds are dreadful.

On one hand, I can appreciate the ownership's patience when it comes to this team. In the past, the team has been more than willing to trade what few prospects are in the organization only to see the team end up as an also ran.

At the same time, the ownership group has to get the frustration fans have for a team that's not been in real contention since 1999 and be candid with the fans as to the plan.

Frankly, I see the big problem with this team is that the big money players have the collective hearts of a rutabaga. When these guys are just mailing it in, what do you expect the lesser players to do?

I'm not a proponent of firing Narron just for the sake of firing him only to replace him with Bob Buffoon or Dave Miley or Dave Shula or Bruce Coslett or Dick LeBoBo, etc.

I'm guessing that the team did what they could to make this year's team as competitive as possible without bringing up Homer Bailey. I believe they want to wait until mid season so the team basically extends his arbitration eligibility for a year.

None the less, it's going to be a long shitty summer once again in the city of Cincinnati.

Hopefully we'll get a couple of riots going to make it somewhat interesting.

No comments: