Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lou Dobbs is afraid of God

Lou Dobbs, CNN a-hole, has a CNN hit piece on the separation of church and state.

Let me clue old Lou in on something, that expression is not anywhere, I repeat, anywhere in the constitution.

Here's what the Constitution actually says

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;......

The Constitution makes no statement about state legislatures establishing a state religion or school systems having prayer in school; only the CONGRESS.

But Gordon the Supreme Court established the "separation of church and state" through case law.

You mean the same Supreme Court who came up with the "Separate but Equal" idea.

People who should know better have bastardized the First Amendment so horribly that it's actually unrecognizable to people any more. It's why I keep a copy of the Constitution in my car. I win more bets on that than the Kentucky Derby because I'm one of the few people who have actually read it.

I only wish I could get Ruth Bader Ginsburg and David Souter to read it.

If you need a civics lesson the public schools never taught you, here's a link to the US Constitution.

No comments: