Sunday, May 06, 2007

Taking Care of Our Dominion


People assume that because I'm such a skeptic of global warming, I must believe in exploiting our planet for what ever human desires could be wanting.

But those that know me well know that I am a man of faith. As such, I take heed in what God demands of us. As I said in last week's post, God gave humans dominion over this planet.

In Genesis 15 "The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it"

In Genesis 19-20 "Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground, all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

So I believe it's incumbent upon each of us to take care of this garden as the gift that it is.

On Saturday May 19th, our church as well as others in the City are launching a Go Cincinnati city clean up and general serving of our community. Over 3,000 people have signed up, each in their own way to make a difference in their community.

This is "the church" as God intended. A force connected to him doing those things that would please him.

If you are interested in helping out contact the link above and make a difference.

No comments: