Friday, June 08, 2007

Washington gets Imused


Not that I watch Grey's Anatomy, but it appears that Isaiah Washington won't be returning to the show.

Is it because of bad acting? I don't think so otherwise, half the cast would be gone.

Is it because he's male? It appears Patrick Dempsey's going to be back.

Is it because he's black? There are two black actors on the show returning.

My guess is. it's because he made a couple of slurs against gays, specifically one of the co-stars.

Look, I'm a free market guy, the show can hire and fire anyone on the show they damn well please for whatever reason. And since I don't watch the show I couldn't care less who they dump.

But, I wonder if others see the cultural trend of sanitizing the language and forcing the politically correct language on society? Again the people most fervent about free speech always seem to be the ones squashing those that don't speak their language.

While this isn't a 1st amendment free speech issue, I wonder what the repercussions to Washington would have been if he called George Bush a "faggot"? My guess, he'd have the lead on the show.

No comments: