Monday, July 02, 2007

"I'm a baseball guy"

I don't care what anyone thinks, this team was better than 31-50; especially in the National League Central.

I have never seen a team that lacked so much in fundamental execution. At times it was like watching my beer league softball team.

While I understand that today's baseball game is played differently, Narron couldn't seem to get the most out of these guys. Unfortunately, my biggest fear is this interim guy will get the team to play 40-40 ball the rest of the way; just enough performance to hire him permanently instead of getting a real manager in the off season ala the Bengals with Coslett, LeBoBo, and Steakhouse Dave.

In addition to Narron, Krivsky really needs to look at the stars of the team. When your most expensive players are dogging it, the rest of the team follows in behind.

Maybe Castellini can hire Isiah Thomas or Matt Millon, they've been pretty successful in turning around bad situations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two words - "The Toothpick"......

Anonymous said...

Rinse, repeat...