Saturday, July 07, 2007

Moore Lies...

I am a new American, but I grew up and worked for many years in Canada. And I know the health care system of my native country much more intimately than does Moore. There's a good reason why my former countrymen with the money to do so either use the services of a booming industry of illegal private clinics, or come to America to take advantage of the health care that Moore denounces.

Government-run health care in Canada inevitably resolves into a dehumanizing system of triage, where the weak and the elderly are hastened to their fates by actuarial calculation. Having fought the Canadian health care bureaucracy on behalf of my ailing mother just two years ago - she was too old, and too sick, to merit the highest quality care in the government's eyes - I can honestly say that Moore's preferred health care system is something I wouldn't wish on him.

More Lies from Moore...

1 comment:

gordon gekko said...

Just wait a minute Midas. Our government has consistently warned us of Alar, Acid Rain, Bird Flu, SARS, et al pandemics.

They are just the guys I want to run our health care system.