Friday, July 06, 2007

Live Earth

Given that I've spent the better part of a week at some concert or another, I don't think I'll be tuning in to this weekend's big "Live Earth" shows.

Instead I'll be doing what I can to make up for the Humongous Carbon Foot Prints these concerts will be leaving. You know, the very footprints these guys are making us aware of.

I just wonder how much CO2 all these performers release from the following

Garbage and refuse for about a half million attendees, more than a square a visit I swear.
The electric use for one act that could power a home for two years.
The flights, not commercial, for all the entertainers.
All the moving of band equipment and Bono's favorite hat
And all the CO2 exhaled from Al Gore's hot air.

About seven years ago, the area I live in was hit by a pretty good tornado that destroyed a neighborhood nearby. I remember a news reporter on sight reporting about all the devastation in the area. Then he says "police and fire officials are asking the public to avoid coming into the area as they'll get in the way of emergency vehicles."

As he is saying this, a fire truck is honking for him to get out of the way until they finally turn on the siren to blast out his report.

It's when I understood why media people and celebrities make for natural liberals. It's all about "do as I say, not as I do".

Animal Farm

No comments: