Friday, July 06, 2007

Playing Politics with Libby

As much of a political junkie as I am, I'm often surprised at how uninterested I am on certain issues in the overall political landscape.

Take Scooter Libby, I've made one small previous post on him. I guess I figure that all the talking heads out there will beat it to death so I don't need to.

With that said, I was actually surprised that Libby was convicted. After all, the principle government witnesses (Tim Russert, Judith Miller, et al) seemed to lack the consistency in their testimony that Libby was charged with.

Alan Dershowitz, has a great piece (in the Huffington Post no less) about the whole Libby fiasco. Dershowitz, no conservative by any means, actually wrote a brief supporting the appeal on behalf of Libby.

The bottom line, if you are ever questioned by a government prosecutor, refuse to answer, plead the fifth, and move on.

Ask Martha Stewart and Scooter what happens when you cooperate. The crime you commit may be your own.

No comments: