Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Time off

I was just looking at the blog and noticed that few of my recent posts have been about government or politics. Consider it a vacation.

I'm really sick of posting on all the ding dongs and derelicts in the political spotlight right now. I guess the "Live Earth" show threw me over the edge.

For instance, over on Sheryl "One Square" Crow's site is her concert schedule. She goes from Ohio to Illinois back to Ohio. How carbon neutral is that? When is the media going to call out the hypocrisy? How about Madonna? She goes from NY on July 3rd to London on July 7th and back to NY for a show on July 18th? Anyone see the hypocrisy there?

Or how about Al Gore, eating his Chilean Sea Bass (a fish being fished to extinction) at his daughter's wedding. Where's the call out from the environmentalist?

Or how about John Edwards and his poverty tour? How does living in a 28,000 square foot house qualify you as speaker for two America's? When does the media call it out?

I've told friends that one of the things you notice about blogging on politicos is that you start to smell like them after a while; and given that I'm recently engaged I'm still trying to smell my best, so I'll probably just be posting on cultural icons like Alfonso Price for a few days.

No comments: