Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What are Parks for?

Years ago, I used to enjoy stopping by a deli, pick up a sandwich and head to a local park and read the paper and/or listen to the radio in my car and get some fresh air. I did that until I got hit on twice by gay guys.

So I started going to more recreational parks until I realized that a single guy sitting in a car while kids are playing, probably doesn't look so good.

As a result, Gordon is often confined to his office during lunch time.

What I don't understand is what took Cincinnati police so long to set up a sting in Mt Airy Forest (one of the parks where I was hit on ten years ago) for gays soliciting sex. It had been rumored for years as a "lollipop park". Here's a hint Cincinnati police.... check out Burnet Woods. You're going to find some activity there as well.

The other thing I don't understand is why gays frequently pursue sex in parks. As a hetero, I can't ever remember me and my buddies saying "hey let's go to a park and meet some babes". Parks don't strike me as a place to meet people. In fact, I go to parks to get away from people. Why can't George Michael et al meet guys the ways hetero's meet women.... in bars.

Here's a thought. If I want some piece and quiet and fresh air, I'll start reading my paper at a roadside rest.

No comments: