Saturday, November 10, 2007

There ought to be a law

I know, I know, Gordon Gekko is a big time libertarian. We need to get more laws off the books rather than adding new ones.

Except for just one more. Congress needs to pass a federal law. You cannot put up Holiday decorations for one holiday until the preceding holiday has passed. In this case, you cannot light up Christmas lights until Thanksgiving is over for cryin' out loud.

My neighbor, had their Christmas lights ablaze last night.

The penalty for this should be execution.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Disagree in part...you should be able to put up your Christmas lights when the weather is right for doing so...

You should not be allowed to turn them on until after the previous holiday has passed.

(With a hubby who travels often, we've often taken advantage of a nice day in November to do this...but we don't turn them on, for goodness sake!)

gordon gekko said...

I should have been more clear. If you light your lights before Thanksgiving it should be grounds for a flogging.

Anonymous said...

Is it ok if I leave my Festivus Pole out all year?

Regards,

TW