Monday, December 10, 2007

Economic news


While I was in my CPE, I read a couple of great editorials in the WSJ.

I was planning to post on these but I see that Thurber's Thoughts and Liberally Conservative already did good jobs on them, so go check them out.

Of particular is the Arthur Laffer article showing a correlation between states with high tax burdens v. out flow of population.

Needless to say, Ohioan are moving out in droves. Thank God for Michigan. Do you think the brain trust in the statehouse actually reads this kind of information? Surely, there's a Wall Street Journal floating around with an intern or a janitor.

I'll say it once and I'll say it forever; people shop residences just like they shop for groceries. Life is nothing but a giant cost/benefit principle and states need to provide its residents more benefit for the cost. Unfortunately for Ohioans we keep paying more and more for amenities like humidity, bad schools, no mountains or beaches, crime and decay.

No comments: