Monday, December 10, 2007

Get Wi-Fi access for only $695

This morning, I went down to the Duke Convention Center for the 40th annual UC Tax Conference.

I'm not a big fan of the conference because most of the presenters are dryer than Sub-Saharan Africa. Nonetheless, the CPE is cheap and there are a couple of presenters I go out of my way to see.

So I figured I'd take the old notebook down there and do some posting during the boring parts of the course.

So I boot up to get started and I get to the Duke energy screen that tells me for only $695.00 I can get WiFi for during the whole event (2 days).

Are you kidding me? This should be an amenity for holding your event there. By the way, I decided it was worth saving $695 to walk a block and a half during the lunch break to get my connection for free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, accountants sure make a lot of money for Duke to even think about that offer.