Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's not perjury if you lie about sex

Luke at Smoke if you got 'em has a post on his blog about the Detroit mayor perjuring himself.

Excerpt.

Looks like Kwame and Beatty perjured themselves. Hence last night's televised address. Kwame went on television with his wife to apologize to the people of Detroit and to his wife for the embarrassment he has caused them both. But the problem with Kwame's address was that it was a whole lot of nothing. I heard the address on WJR-760 and, to me, he sounded like the usual two-bit thug he usually sounds like. He came off as pompous and indifferent. The only part I actually think he was upset about was that he was caught and that he had to go through the issue again with his wife and kids.

In my opinion, I wasn't convinced he was sorry about anything and I think it would be a good idea for him to resign so he doesn't end up costing the city another $9million in legal fees defending him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right that he's upset that he got caught in the affair and lying about it. That's how most crooks view the crime they did.