Monday, January 21, 2008

It's that time of year

As most of you know, I am an accountant. And most of you also know this time of year is really busy for accountants.

After spending six hours (I didn't have) this past Saturday screwing around with this blog, I took a step back Saturday night to question my priorities.

As a result, I decided I needed to make up a priority list for my life. My priorities are (in order of importance).

1) God
2) Mrs. Gekko
3) My clients
4) My physical health
5) My saxophone
6) This blog

Therefore, I've decided that as much as I like doing this, I need to take a step back, at least through tax season.

My plan is to do more links to articles of interest through the tax season with little, if any, commentary.

I'll try to write one "take" a day on something newsworthy.

I truly appreciate the comments I've received on the blog and I would love to keep it up at my current pace, but I have to nurture what is paying the bills and this blog isn't one of them.

So you'll probably notice a slight change of pace, in that I won't be going off on as many tirades. But the mission of the blog will remain the same.... Trying to bring something new to the debate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need some t-shirt sales and other adds to make the blog profitable, hell, every blog I have ever read does it.
Of couse this is only the money aspect, time is another matter.

Anonymous said...

The sax has to go.