Friday, January 25, 2008

Why people go red over blue

If you ever wondered why people move from the city to the suburbs, you have to read this letter from a frustrated citizen to Cincinnati City councilman, Cecil Thomas (Hat Tip to The Daily Bellweather and Clark Street Blog).

To give you a Reader's Digest condensed version. This poor guy has been the subject of several robberies and shootings in his Bond Hill, twice by the same guy.

I'll ask again to the jack ass who commented on this blog that "democrats are progressive and conservatives believe in the status quo". Do you think conservatives would put up with this status quo? No. That's why they move to the suburbs.

Apparently, it's really "progressives" who put up with the status quo by allowing criminals to stay on the street; by allowing incompetent and lazy detectives to remain on their police force; by employing incompetent and lazy prosecutors.

Look, I'm not a suburban snob. I lived in Pleasant Ridge for 8 years. Pleasant Ridge might be the most diverse community in the city. I was involved in their community council for 4 years. I loved the Ridge. Despite the fact that I considered the Ridge to be a safe place to live, my car was broken into three times.

The first time I called the police they told me to call some hotline number to file a report. The line was continually busy. I called at 4:30 in the morning only to get another busy signal. I'm convinced it's was how the city keeps their crime statistics down because the city can't report what doesn't get reported to them.

I've also lived in Oakley (before it was cool) and Corryville so I think I have a reasonable basis to judge city living v. the burbs.

Now let's go back to the basics. Democrats run all the cities in this country (except for New York). This is what you get with democratic leadership.

Suburbs and rural areas are run by status quo republicans. The people who run these areas wouldn't even finish this letter before some heads started rolling.

By the way, let's look at New York again. How nice was New York to live in during the Koch/Dinkins era v. Guiliani/Bloomberg era? It's not even close.

So once again I challenge all liberals/democrats/progressives (whatever you want to be called) to explain to me and the readers how your governance is so superior than those status quo, conservatives.

I always find nice snarky comments from libs on my other posts, how about addressing one of these posts for a change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"They broke into my Bond Hill store, and I didn't even report it." Jezz..at least Barney Fife was out to get the bad guys.