Sunday, February 24, 2008

Where's Planned Parenthood now?

Excerpt
An artist killed herself after aborting her twins when she was eight weeks pregnant, leaving a note saying: "I should never have had an abortion. I see now I would have been a good mum."

Emma Beck was found hanging at her home in Helston, Cornwall, on Feb 1 2007. She was declared dead early the following day - her 31st birthday.

Her suicide note read: "I told everyone I didn't want to do it, even at the hospital. I was frightened, now it is too late. I died when my babies died. I want to be with my babies: they need me, no-one else does."

A long time ago I got into a heated debate on the abortion issue with a friend and this was how the dialog went.

GG So if you believe it's a woman's body to do with what she wants, you must believe in legalizing prostitution.

GG's friend No. I think there's been several studies that would show that there are long term effects on a woman's emotional health from that activity.

GG So if there were a studies that would show a long term emotional health consequence of having an abortion, you would be against that as well.

GG's friend Well, I don't know......

I know of six women who have had abortions. If you were to ask any of them if they would do it again, they would tell you no.

Now I also know of a woman who has had multiple abortions. Ask her if she would do it again, she would obviously tell you yes. That is.... if she were sober enough to utter the words.

Planned Parenthood is all gung ho about making sure women don't have unwanted children but they couldn't care less about the after effects of the procedure. Want to know why we never see studies on the emotional effects of having an abortion? Because everyone already knows the answer.

No comments: