Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Where's that shovel

In an earlier post, I asked the question as to where are the shovels for the "shovel ready" projects.

Thanks to reader Scott, I have my answer.... I have to find them for myself.....

So just who's tracking that $787 billion in taxpayer money that President Obama and the Democrat-led Congress are doling out? You are. Or you're supposed to be, anyway.

"We are, in essence, deputizing the entire American citizenry to help with the oversight of this program," said Rep. Brad Miller, chairman of the House Committee on Science and Technology's subcommittee on investigations and oversight.

So, too, said Earl Devaney, the ex-cop who's now chairman of the Recovery Act Accountability and Transparency Board, charged with tracking the torrent of cash now pouring out of federal coffers.


More....

Let me make sure I have this right. Earl Devaney's in charge of the oversight of this stimulus money but we're the one's who's supposed to be monitoring how it's spent.

Hey Earl, I see a patently blatant misuse of funds. Namely, your salary!

So calling all taxmanblog readers, if you see something actually being done with all this stimulus money, could you please let me know, or more importantly, call Earl.

Heaven forbid a government entity monitor it's own spending

The stench just gets stenchier.

Follow Up.

Reader Scott sent me this link that is even more hideous.

No comments: