Sunday, August 09, 2009

Putting my money where my mouth is

I love comments on the blog. I actually would love to have comments from those who disagree with me; regardless of the issue.

What I can't stand are snarky character attacks from liberals.

Case in point, Eric from Plunderbong posted this comment.

Eric has left a new comment on your post "Global Warming challenge update":

Funny you don't put your money where your mouth is:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/07/challenge-to-climate-change-skeptics.html


Like a typical liberal, Eric knows everything. But what he knows just isn't so.

First, I wasn't even aware of this challenge so it's hard to participate in something you know nothing about.

Second, I have my own challenge, and if you would have read any of my global warming posts you would have run across this post dated 7/2/09.....

So if you believe that we are in one of these spikes, then these averages work in your favor since the numbers are actually skewed on the low side because of so many years of low temperatures.

Obviously, I'm taking in one reading from one site. But the last I could tell the Greater Cincinnati Airport was still on planet earth so I would have to think that if we have global warming on the globe, it should include parts if not all of Cincinnati.

My challenge has never been set out to prove or disprove global warming. As I said last January, the cool side won last year but it was a fifty fifty probability. I get that.

But if you are a Branch Gorvidian, this is a can't lose. I've set up a scenario that's actually stacked in your favor. And wouldn't it be great to steal some money from the great Gordon Gekko.

If you have the guts.
or maybe this post from 1/1/09......

The final results to the Global Warming Challenge

Warm 341
Cool 371

How is this possible? I mean it's supposed to be warming right?

Actually, I'd like to gloat but in reality it's like bragging about winning a coin flip. I mean the chances were 50-50 that cool would win the challenge.

Unless of course you're a Branch Gorevidian who believes in this global warming non sense. Then this has to be a shocker to your core. Kind of like killing yourself wearing purple Nikes only to find that comet really didn't mean the end of the world.

snip

No matter how you cut it, the temperatures were cooler despite claims of some warming.

At least this keeps liberals claims at a perfect 100% wrong.

But I'm willing to put my coin flip where my money is. Where is that little piss ant lib who mocked my challenge?

Here's your chance to take a conservative's money, you have to love that; at least if you have balls to take me up on the challenge.
So can I assume that Eric is going to take some money from the Gordonator?

I'll make you a deal Eric. We'll go down for a hundred bucks and you can make the start date 8/1 or 9/1. I'll even take the measurements from the Columbus Airport if it makes you feel better.

If you're the Branch Gorvidian you say you are, wouldn't it be orgasmic to take some dough from old Gordon?

That is, if your willing to put your money where your mouth is.

I'll be waiting for your acceptance.

1 comment:

Harold Thomas said...

Gordon:
Since you love comments to your blog, I'll give you one. Unfortunately, I agree with you.

With one exception, it has been the experience in my blog that liberal commenters never address the issues on their merits, but prefer to attack the character or knowledge of the writers.

Not only does this strike me as arrogant; but it exposes the intellectual weakness of their position.

What amazes me, is that people agree with them anyway.