Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A GOP Trap?

The only part of the democratic debate that I caught last night was the Hildebeast stammering around the driver's licenses for illegals. By the way, is she for it or not?

In any event, one thing that I kept thinking as I watched the exchange on the question, the GOP nominee better be really careful as not coming off as being too macho around Hillary. I don't think it's going to take a whole lot to get women sympathetic to a woman being aggressively maligned.

Since it's Halloween, let's use this metaphor.

Think of being a really macho guy saving Jamie Lee Curtis from Mike Meyers and Jamie Lee is standing there waiting to be attacked when she develops sympathy for 'ole Mike (from the story Donald Pleasance told her about his poor childhood). You come busting into the room and put a blow torch to his eyes.

She'll know it was the right thing but she'll feel sorry for him anyway. It's why I'll be shivering tonight watching Halloween I, II, III, 18 and 75; it will become clear that we may never be able to kill off the Hildebeast.

No comments: