Saturday, November 03, 2007

That was ugly

The Bearcats pulled one out although they shouldn't have. Maybe the ugliest college football game in history. No football game, at any level, should last 4 hrs and 15 minutes.

By the way, there's 48 seconds left in the game, you have the ball 4th and 10 on your opponent's 31 yard line, what the hell are you doing running a fake field goal that gives the opponent the ball on the 40 yard line? Stupid.

But regardless, it's a good day.

When I was a kid I remember reading about Bear Bryant and how he would give kids scholarships, not to play for Alabama, but to not play for Auburn or Georgia.

Ever since I read that article, I've always had my shorts in a bunch with the traditional college football powers; OSU, Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma, Michigan, Alabama, etc. and I'm always in the hunt for those elusive upsets against those powers.

So it's always a good day when my Bearcats win. It's even better when Notre Dame loses to..... Navy? In addition, it's an awesome day when Kansas slaps 76 POINTS on...... Nebraska? It's never been sweeter on Saturday.

I'm celebrating big time.

No comments: