Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Billary Krueger

Dear Stumped,
I am running for leader of the free world, seeking to replace a deeply unpopular president. I am the spouse of his very successful predecessor. To the extent that my opponents want to make this election a referendum on the 1990s and my husband's administration, we've thought we'd be in good shape. My chief opponent is an unvetted neophyte colleague of mine in the Senate, who probably couldn't tell the difference between Kyrgistan and Uzbekistan. And yet he trounced me in the Iowa caucus, and now some of my advisers are second-guessing my decision to deploy my husband on the campaign trail and tap into people's warm, fuzzy memories of his time in the White House.

Time is running out, and I am not sure what to do. What do you think? My husband was very successful, and I was part of his team. On the other hand, people want change. But there is a personal issue here, too -- I mean, how can I tell my husband he is a liability and needs to lie low? Our marriage has been through a lot, and I don't want to hurt him.
-- Anonymous in New Hampshire

This is the beginning of a piece in the Washington Post.

Guess what? Billary's not going anywhere. I don't care if she loses the next 14 primaries.

Ask yourself this question. Is there anything in the Clinton DNA that would indicate they would be willing set aside their own raw ambition for the greater good of the party and/or the country?

It's why I've been waiting for this election for four years. Everyone has known since her carpet bagging New York senate entry that this time was coming. The only thing that's predictable about the Clinton's is their single minded purpose to always satisfy their self interests. Everyone else be damn.

So don't look for them to bow out gracefully. It's going to look more like Freddy Krueger. You're going to have to shoot them, stab them, set them on fire, throw them off of a 50 story building, maybe even employ a nuke. And when you look over the edge, they'll still be moving, waiting to come back to indulge another one of their appetites another day.

No comments: