Monday, February 04, 2008

You want these guys to run healthcare Part Tres

I did my weekly run to the post office to purchase 17 cent stamps and ship a package Priority Mail.

You would think that a monopoly on the mail business would be able supply a simple request like selling stamps. After all, that's what they do correct. You sell 41 centers you should be able to sell the seventeen centers for the second, third, fourth, etc ounces.

But noooooooooooooooo. For the sixth straight week this is how my conversation goes with the postal employee.

GG can I get a roll of seventeen cent stamps?

Postal employee (PE) Sorry we haven't got those in yet.

GG This is the sixth straight week I've asked for these and you still haven't received them?

PE That's correct

GG(upset) OK well I guess I'll take a sleeve of Priority mail postage

PE Sorry sir we're out of those as well.

GG Is their any postage you do have?

PE We have the 41 and 58 cent stamps.

GG I can get those at Sam's Club

PE That is correct sir.

Now keep in mind, I had to wait 15 minutes just to get no service. Apparently the postal service is taking out the vending machines from all of their locations which means if you don't want to be able to buy stamps you'll have to wait in line 15-20 minutes to have a live person tell you they don't have the postage you want.

Now imagine this conversation with a government doctor but replace stamps with the words penicillin.

No comments: