Wednesday, April 01, 2009

R U kidding me

Hey O when I was talking about taking those velcro wallets over to the G-20 meetings, I was joking!!!!!!!!

Barack Obama met the Queen at Buckingham Palace today and gave her a gift of an iPod loaded with video footage and photographs of her 2007 United States visit to Richmond, Jamestown and Williamsburg in Virginia. In return, the Queen gave the President a silver framed signed photograph of herself and the Duke of Edinburgh - apparently a standard present for visiting dignitaries.


An iPod? Man, you should have gone with the whoopie cushions.

Article here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to actually defend the Big O but apparently it was a video I-pod. The queen requestd it and it had on it her trip to America. But when I first heard it I thought the same thing.

gordon gekko said...

This may all be true, but you'd think if the Queen wanted a video ipod, she send out one of her 6733 helping hands out to get one.

These types of gifts are typically something that one can't pick up at the nearest mall.

But maybe the Queen saw the Gordon Brown fiasco and decided that she help ole O out on one. Or maybe she didn't want all those shitty DVD's he'd pick up at the nearest Walmart.

Kind of like I tell my dad what to get me for a X-mas gift and then appear surprised when I open it.

Anonymous said...

G.G., you were right. Later, I learned that the ipod was also uploaded with the Big O's speeches. I guess the queen has got some trouble sleeping lately.