Thursday, July 10, 2008

Let's follow Michigan's lead

Keno is coming on board next month to a bar near you.

For a moment, forget that this is a state sanctioned theft of money from poor dumb asses which puts pay day loans to shame. But this is what really caught my eye in this article.
The new games is expected to rake in $73 million in profits for Ohio schools. Sales projections, the number of Keno retailers and other factors are modeled after Michigan's success with the game, Metelsky said. "We're not re-inventing the wheel here. We're looking at best practices and what has worked."

I know that's what we've been missing in this state..... great ideas from Michigan. That wonderful state with what? a 10% unemployment rate?

I'll say it over and over again. I'm not the smartest guy in the world so I make up for it by imitating what the smart guys are doing. Conversely, if Michigan's doing something, I think I'd pass on it. They're not the model of what I would call "success".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only thing to come out of Michistan that I can say was good is the bottle law. You just don't see the trash along the road in Michigan like you do in Ohio.