Thursday, August 16, 2007

Compromise this

A reader of the Enquirer, I'm sure a nice person, has a guest column about the need for compromise in our world today.

She's so naive. She mentions the three most polarizing issues in the American debate.

Abortion
Illegal Immigration
Use of tax dollars

I hate to burst her bubble but I would offer that it's because of compromise that's gotten us to this place to begin with.

I believe life begins at conception, how do you "compromise" that with abortion on demand.

I do not believe in illegal immigration because of the compromising term "illegal". It's like saying you pro or con illegal bank robbing. How do you compromise that?

I do not believe government should establish a moral code of stealing money from one to give to another. How do I compromise those beliefs?

People who believe in compromise don't really believe in anything. It's why I'm so critical of republicans, they're the ones most likely to sell out every conservative principle which is why I don't believe many of them believe in conservative principles at all.

Before I die I want to see senators or reps come to blows on behalf of their beliefs. I'd rather see gridlock in government before compromise because any "compromise" on an issue means conservatives get screwed.

No comments: