Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Specter

The world according to Arlen............

I have been a Republican since 1966. I have been working extremely hard for the Party, for its candidates and for the ideals of a Republican Party whose tent is big enough to welcome diverse points of view. While I have been comfortable being a Republican, my Party has not defined who I am.

So let me make sure I have this right Arlen. You are not defined by your party. As a result, you find the need to change your party so as not to be defined by it.

Huh?

If you are not defined by your party, why are you changing your party? Why not run as the independent PA representative you say you are?

Good riddance, grab George Rinovich, Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins on your way out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have one question about the Spector switch. Will anyone really notice? He has voted with the dems my entire life. So what? He has a D next to his name. True, it will make a difference on the filibuster, especially if Franken steals his election, but ironically, as a conservative, I think it would be good to have a filibuster proof senate. As it stands, the dems are going to get their way no matter what -- end of story. A filibuster proof senate will take away the single biggest campaign platform item the democrat arsinal: "It's the Republicans' fault"

We may get a shitty economy, we may get a weak defense, we may be piling mammoth debt onto the backs of our children. But if nothing else, we will get clarity.

I think it's funny that he waited until 2009 to switch. He's clearly a spagetti spined creep that mainly just wants to be in the majority. Like most politicians: power first, then principle.

To give people an idea how long he's been in Washington here's a little known fact. He was the one to first propose the "single bullet theory" to explain the Kennedy assasination. Yes, he was a staffer on the Warren Commission.

gordon gekko said...

The democratic party is the perfect place for Specter, there's no principle involved.