Thursday, April 30, 2009

What is waterboarding?

Here's a video showing what waterboarding is.

Torture?

The fact that you can even watch this video in its entirety would probably tell you that it isn't.




An acquaintance of mine who went through officer's training in the Marine corp told me of an exercise where his whole unit was awakened at midnight and made to go through a tube a quarter of a mile long.

Sounds easy enough until the instructors lock the gate behind them and tell them they have to come out the other end and that none of them can come out until they all come out.

That sounds like no problem until they start going though the tunnel and it turns out that some of the guys are too big to get through the tube.

They spend the entire night working the bigger guys through that tube.

Can you imagine?
Stuck in a pitch dark tube all night with a bunch of sweaty ass marines.

Is that torture?

I think I'd take the waterboard.

3 comments:

Twittylaura said...

Well due to lack of disclaimer I am so going to try this at home!

Anonymous said...

So does the blog owner think that isn't torture? Like the guy in the video said, he is in a safe environment and his mind and body betrayed his willpower in 7 seconds. Imagine captors doing this to you, sure no physical pain or markings but... your body screams "You are going to die!" Shampoo rinse repeat. How long can that go on?

gordon gekko said...

Apparently that can go on for at least 150 times; the number of times the captors did it to KSM.

No. I don't think it's torture. Why?

Because I can watch it while I'm eating lunch.

If it were torture, I would lose my lunch.