Thursday, May 03, 2007

Laurie David

Here's an interview with Sheryl's partner in crime, Laurie David, and here's a quote about Al Gore.

By the time I was done working with him, I was begging him to adopt me. He's like a father figure to me, one of my heroes. He's so charming and lovely and smart and funny. He makes fun of himself; he's got a great sense of humor. He's dry and he laughs at other people's jokes.

Are you serious? Is she allowed to vote?

But here's the question and answer which really caught my attention

5 What changes have you made in your own life?

I don't believe everyone has to do everything. I don't do everything. It's about everyone doing something. I have changed as many lightbulbs as I could to (higher efficiency) bulbs. I started a new idling rule at the school carpool lane (cars dropping and picking up kids can't idle their engines more than 30 seconds). I bring a garment bag to the dry cleaners (instead of having the dry cleaners wrap her clothes in petroleum-based plastic). I drive a hybrid.


If you believe this is as serious a problem as she apparently does don't you think you should do everything you can. Like instead of car pooling her kids why not have them use the buses that are already running? Why have clothing that needs dry cleaning in the first place, she can't simply have some nice cotton and polyester outfits?

It's day 22 of the Sheryl Crow Biodiesel Caravan Tour. Do you think she flew commercial when she flew over to France to watch Lance Armstrong in the Tour de France?


No comments: