Saturday, May 05, 2007

Prediction - KY Derby


Every year, I'll pick a derby winner and give a buddy of mine money to bet the horse to win for me. Since I was in a hurry, I couldn't find the posted odds and names of the horses in the paper so when I saw my buddy last night I gave him $20 and said "put 20 on the #4".

I just checked the number 4 horse, A Storm In May. Nice name for a horse. Well, the horse just happens to be blind in one eye, looks like it about 15 years old and, I'm surprised, has all four legs. He's also a 30 -1 shot. Seriously, check this horse out. I can't even find a good picture of him because I think it's been in the witness protection program.

To paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen, I bet on Barbaro, I watched Barbaro win and A Storm in May, you're no Barbaro.

So to keep up with my legacy of bad predictions, I'm sticking with the number #4, A Storm in May, to win.

No comments: