Monday, October 01, 2007

Main Steet Elitism

Leonard Pitts has a piece about rantings on the web.

For a devotee of the First Amendment, it's a sobering history lesson. We tend to think of free speech in lofty terms, to regard it as a means of liberating the human intellect, spirit and body. And why shouldn't we? We are the nation of Thomas Paine and John Steinbeck, of Betty Friedan and Cesar Chavez, of Bob Dylan and Stevie Wonder. What further proof do you need that when people are allowed to say whatever they want, sometimes they will say great things?


Remind me of the great Thomas Paine type ideas Mr. Pitts has generated during his lifetime as a columnist.

Anyone, Anyone......

It's another self delusional opinion from a Main Stream Media elitist who thinks that somehow because his opinion is printed in a newspaper, it somehow has more value than a blogger's. In fact, for the most part, outside of Walter Williams and Charles Kauthammer, I really can't think of a columnist I ever learned anything from.

So Mr. Pitts, if your contribution to the national lexicon is to rip people adding to the national lexicon, I think I'll just keep reading my blogs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The most important thing I've ever learned from guys like Leonard Pitts is that the First Amendment also guarantees one's right to sound like an idiot.