Tuesday, October 09, 2007

When they eat their own, Part Tres

An Air American personality I've never heard of (is that redundant?), has a piece about Hillary's leadership.

Excerpt.

If I seem down on Democratic leadership, I have excellent reasons. Because there is no leadership. In August, they lost a fight on the FISA bill (actually, what fight?) giving the government new powers to spy on Americans. They just allowed Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman to pass two bills that threaten war against Iran — again, without a fight. They just lost votes on withdrawing troops from Iraq — again.

And all of these losses are against the most persistently unpopular president of our lifetime. If you’re not down on these Democratic “leaders,” then you’re not paying attention.

But above all of them stands Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton. She is comfortably leading the race for her party’s presidential nomination. She has the bully pulpit. The press will listen to whatever she says. She can make an impact. She is in a position to lead.

And what has she done with that?

I’m still waiting …


In all honesty, throughout his piece, I kept thinking.... replace Hillary with the name of any senator and you wouldn't have to change the text at all.

As far as I'm concerned, John McCain is the only senator that has at least fathered and moved legislation he believes in (albeit none of it appetizing for conservatives). It's why I have so much disdain for senators and probably why none of them can win an election. They spend way too much time bobbing and weaving through votes, always playing a nuance for the masses.

It's why leadership in the senate is a total oxymoron. Leaders aren't groomed in the senate; only weasels and snakes are groomed in the senate. Larry Craig is the epitome of everything senatorial.

If I were to ever have to shake the hand of Voinovich, Brown, et al I would immediately look for a napkin so I could wipe their slime off my hands.

It's really the only reason I support Guiliani for president..... He's actually run a government not run for cover with every little controversial vote like the "senators".

Wow, I need a shower just writing about these derelicts.

No comments: